The wait was worth it: after 16 years, Chloë Sevigny is reprising her role as Miu Miu’s girl-du-jour by gracing their latest fall campaign, shot by the Mert and Marcus team. True to Miu Miu’s Fall 2012 ready-to-wear collection, which was ‘70s-esque pantsuit-heavy, the Hit and Miss actress is decked out in a pair of printed pants, a checkered tie and platform heels.
Miu Miu said the campaign was intended to be “a gallery of portraits with a seductive, provocative attitude,” with hints of contrasts throughout. Sevigny’s sleekly mannish ensemble and slicked back coif definitely strike a masculine-feminine contrast with her exaggerated aqua eyeshadow and graceful pose. And that teacup is the perfect prop — we love how it gives the actress and all-around style icon an off-kilter femininity.
While we loved the stripped-down campaign of the then-22-year-old Sevigny shot by Juergen Teller in 1996, we think this more sophisticated look shows how Sevigny (who was already the epitome of girl-crush material in the ‘90s) has somehow evolved even more into her offbeat, inimitable style.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable