Though we had our reservations about insta-celeb Kate Upton, we’re liking the curvaceous model more and more these days, especially since she won’t take being called a “lazy, lardy piggie” lying down.
As we reported last week, a “pro-thinspiration” (read: pro-ana) site completely bashed the blonde bombshell, saying she was “a solid 30 lbs too heavy” to be wearing a bikini and that she was “vulgar.” The hateful post incited uproar across the net soon afterwards, with most media immediately taking up Upton’s defense. The anonymous SkinnyGossip blogger posted a response to her critics following all the negative attention, saying she was never encouraging self-harm through starvation (which is an interesting argument considering she had a now-removed “Starving Tips” page for awhile).
While Upton initially kept mum about the attack on her curves, she recently responded to the bashing: “I’m not going to starve just to be thin. I want to enjoy life and I can’t if I’m not eating and miserable,” she rebuked, according to The Sun.
Though Upton has made more of a reputation for her assets than her words up to this point, we think this is the perfect, succinct way of addressing the scandal: what Upton provides is a refreshingly natural (albeit genetically blessed) beauty ideal, one that celebrates womanly curves as opposed to jutting bones. Hopefully, her words inspires others to continue to live healthfully, even in the face of criticism.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look