Alicia Quan, 25
Vancouver | Alicia Fashionista
I used to be a gloss girl all the way. However, after many awkward hair-stuck-on-lip situations, it was time to grow up and try out matte lip colour instead. If you’re a bright lip beginner like I was, I suggest heading out to your local beauty department and starting with the perfect shade of rouge! Red lips look great with the classics, such as black and white Parisian-chic and a little nautical navy. Though I still love me some red lips, my latest obsession is a bright pink pout, much like the one pictured above. Match it with colourful prints, especially if that print contains a bit of the same colour in it, just to help pull the entire look together.
My all-time favourite outfit to pair with a bold lip colour? A little black dress. You really just can’t go wrong!
Alicia’s wearing: Floral blouse, Barefoot Contessa. White Cafe capri pants, J.Crew. Pink pumps, vintage. Windsor Square “Angeline” bag, Kate Spade. Viscid watch, Anthropologie. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in “020 Lovesick.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents