One of the highlights of this year’s London Fashion Week is going to be inspired by an unlikely albeit adorable muse: Minnie Mouse and her famous polka-dotted ensemble will be the sartorial reference point for a whole slew of designers, who will be collaborating on an exclusive line in honour of the fictional mouse.
“Minnie Mouse Must Haves” designs will be unveiled during LFW, with Richard Nicoll, Katie Hillier, Giles Deacon, Terry de Havilland, Lulu Guinness and more contributing Minnie-inspired looks. Like Daisy Duck and the rest of her crew, Minnie had an unmistakable flare for fashion: bows, polka-dotted dresses and white gloves were always in her repertoire (not to mention her big, round ears), so expect the dot trend to hold strong on the spring 2013 runway.
After the pieces make their debut on the runway, they’ll be put up for auction on eBay with proceeds going to the British Fashion Council initiative Fashion Arts Foundation, which helps foster relationships between different creative fields.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions