Though most of our comic book experience thus far has been limited to the Archie-Betty-Veronica love triangle, we have a feeling we can get behind this new arrival: 3.1 Phillip Lim has just released several sneak peeks of “Kill the Night,” the label’s soon-to-be-released comic book inspired by the brand’s superhero-inspired Fall 2012 collection.
Co-written by Lim himself and John Ostrander, the comic was drawn by Jan Duursema, a famous illustrator who is best known for her work on the Star Wars comics. Like the fall collection, the comics draw inspiration from the neo-noir, badass heroines immortalized in comics like Sin City and V for Vendetta. The storyline is based on duality and metamorphis, with themes like black and white or love and hate explored between the covers. The only way to get a copy is to visit 3.1 Phillip Lim’s site and sign up, with the launch date for the comics slated for Fashion’s Night Out festivities on September 6.
Already in love with the few images that have been leaked so far? Re-tweet, re-post and re-pin your favourite image thus far with the hashtag #killthenight and you could be entered for a prize draw to win a cool $3K shopping spree at the label’s online shop!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party