Vickie Laliotis, 28
Edmonton | Adventures in Fashion
Embracing the coming season’s black-on-black, leather-hungry sensibilities might not be for everyone, but the girlie girls of the world can breathe a collective sigh of relief—the trend is as flexible as it is fun. To achieve a look that feels feminine yet decisively on-trend, I opted for a faux leather mini and a black, peek-a-boo cutout sweater. By keeping silhouette, proportion and accessories in mind—think statement necklaces and fun bracelets—I was able to embrace the trend while remaining true to myself.
Vickie’s wearing: Sweater, Talulah. Faux leather skirt, H&M. Loafers, Zara. Necklace and ring, Forever 21. Watch, Michael Kors. Bracelets, the Bay and Michael Kors.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look