Just when you thought you’d heard the end of it, it seems that there was one last blow to be dealt to John Galliano. WWD is reporting that the disgraced designer has been stripped of his title as Chevalier of the Legion of Honour, a designation he received in 2010. The orders came from President Francois Hollande, new in office since Galliano was first charged and convicted of racism after spouting Anti-Semitic remarks at a Paris café while Nicholas Sarkozy was in power.
While Galliano seemed on the mend as of late, out to lunch with Vogue editors Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington, this is sure to add another chapter in Galliano’s book of demise.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents