Two budding Canadian design talents—Amanda Lew Kee and Chloé comme Parris—are heading to Big Apple for GenArt’s 14th annual Fresh Faces in Fashion event. The event, which showcases up and coming designers, takes place on September 9th and will include both men’s and women’s Spring 2013 read-to-wear collections. Fresh Faces in Fashion has sent some very talented—and now very successful—designers down the runway, including Rodarte, Zac Posen, Phillip Lim and Vena Cava, so the homegrown labels will certainly be in good company. We have no doubt that the Toronto-based designers will put up a serious showing—Amanda Lew Kee has designed looks for HBO’s True Blood, sister-helmed Chloé Comme Parris makes gorgeous covet-worthy pieces, and both emerging labels have already shown at Toronto Fashion Week. Best of luck ladies!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party