Adele for Burberry? Rumour has it that the Brit singer will create a plus-sized capsule collection for the brand
British Vogue is reporting that singer Adele has been in talks with Burberry‘s creative director Christopher Bailey to collaborate on a line of plus-size clothing for the historic British brand. Although neither side has chosen to comment on the rumors, the songstress has apparently been asked to work on a “bespoke range for voluptuous customers.”
While unprecedented for the brand, the collaboration makes sense; Adele has been a long-time fan of Burberry’s, choosing to wear pieces from the collection for big events such as the Brit Awards and the Grammy Awards. If the rumors happen to be true, this could also mean big things for the fashion industry. Although plus-sized models have been seen more regularly in the past few years in high fashion, no high-end design house like Burberry seems to cater accessible pieces to their plus-sized customers.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents