Alex Grant, 25
Vancouver | To Vogue or Bust
Since the temperatures have finally cooled here on the West Coast, this boxy vintage blazer from Shoppalu has been put into heavy rotation. I’ve paired it with everything from dresses to skirts to shorts, but the one thing all the looks have had in common is that the blazer has given balance to outfits that would have otherwise been really femme. Case in point: my bubble-gum pink skirt. No matter what you wear a boxy top with though, one good rule of thumb is to push up the sleeves! It gives a little femininity and casualness.
Alex’s wearing: Blazer, Shoppalu. Skirt, American Apparel. Top, Gap. Shoes, Michael Kors. Bag, Rebecca Minkoff. Cuff, Lia Sophia. Necklace, Keltie Leanne Designs.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion