There is a whole generation that has never worn a suit. That is about to change. You know that when labels as influential and cool as Balenciaga and Carven pack their collections with suits, a major shift is in store.
It happened today at Paris Fashion Week Spring 2013.
Nicholas Ghesquiere’s suits for Balenciaga were short-skirted and tweedy, or four-button pantsuits with high waists. Carven’s Guillaume Henry did structured jackets over A-line skirts with undulating hems.
There were peekaboo elements to both collections as well, with wide, midriff tops over ruffled skirts at Balenciaga and kidney and tear-shaped cutouts at Carven. Expect a skin story from every magazine next spring. But don’t minimize the impact of the suit.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents