Whitney Cosgrave, 25
Los Angeles | See Shop Eat Do
I’m so happy that layering has become fashionable as of late – it is such a great way to express your style and to mix up different items in your wardrobe. My favorite way to layer is to put together unexpected combinations (like my polka dot button down and lime green cardigan), and to cinch the look together with a belt. I find a belt to be key when layering as it helps to define your waist so you don’t get lost in the layers! It’s also important to keep your layers on the thin side so that you don’t end up looking too bulky. Finally, I love to throw a classic trench coat over pretty much anything – it keeps you warm and helps to make your outfit look ‘done’.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce