Could there be a Kaiser and Kanye collaboration or business deal on the way? Karl Lagerfeld and Kanye West were spotted on a lunch date at the Mercer Hotel in Manhattan last Thursday by a New York Post-employed spy and supposedly, it was all business.
The New York Post reported that, “They were in a deep conversation, then later appeared to be getting devices out to discuss design ideas.” We’d like to think that Karl was showing off cute pictures of Choupette (and Kanye sharing ones of Mercy in return), rather than discussing fashion with the rapper, but hey.
This could be Kanye West’s way back into fashion after his collection got put on hold and his Paris show was cancelled for Spring 2013. But Karl and Kanye’s friendship hasn’t always been a happy one. Back when Yeezy and Jay-Z were recording Watch The Throne at the Mercer, Uncle Karl voiced noise complaints (he is a regular at the hotel) saying the rappers’ entourage was little too loud. They’ve obviously overcome this beef because Kanye West was a guest of honour at the Chanel Spring 2013 show in Paris and a part of Karl Lagerfeld’s Little Black Jacket Exhibition, and now, potential partners in business.
Hopefully this fashion throne is big enough for two.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look