Gap Holiday Campaign 2012: Michael J. Fox, Aubrey Plaza, Rufus Wainwright and others showcase that love comes in every shade (of cozy knits)
It isn’t a true holiday season until you’re bundled in cozy knit mittens, toques and layered sweaters. Or at least, that’s what the latest Gap holiday campaign 2012 proves to us. In keeping with the tradition of having A+ holiday ads (remember the year of Love Train?) the American company has taken portraits of celebrities in colourful knitted goods.
The campaign is titled “Love Comes in Every Shade” and aims to show a-typical relationships and the many forms of love ranging from puppy love, best friend love and even regular ole romantic love. From rapper Nas in a puffy vest with his dad showing off fatherly love to Rufus Wainwright in khakis alongside his husband Jörn Weisbrodt being the example of wedded bliss.
Other celebrities included are Michael J. Fox and wife Tracy Pollan, The Atomics, and British actor Jack Huston (with his cute dog!). The holiday collection features two-tone leather gloves, bright pants are colour blocked with classic V-neck sweaters, and fitted boyfriend shirts—all playing into Gap’s classic prep school vibe.
While the holidays may technically be over a month away, the Gap holiday campaign 2012 has us convinced it’s time to hop aboard the holiday train and we won’t be getting off until 2013.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion