Hate wearing a winter hat? 11 Style Panel tips to making your beanie, toque, fedora and headband work (minus the hat head)
Alex Nikolajev, 27
Toronto | I’m a Little
How do I say this without sounding like a crazy person? Hats are my jam. Perhaps it’s my oversized head or the unruly, hippie hair I tend to rock for weeks on end but any way it’s sliced, I love a good hat day. And what a better time for hats? It’s cold and I definitely don’t want to wash my hair 24/7, only to have it freeze in the chill of the morning commute to the subway. While I have a variety of head accessories for every occasion (think: headbands for the slopes and berets for work attire) this Hello Kitty one has to be my favourite piece to pull out of the ol’ tickle trunk (I may or may not have named my dog after said hat’s character). Simply paired with a cream leather jacket (not shown), I always love using it to add a little playfulness to a plain outfit. It is the perfect winter accessory for a casual look and one that lends a bit of fun & fervour to a laid-back winter night out!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party