Tis’ the season of holiday parties. Now that we’re getting closer to Christmas and holiday festivities are in full swing, there will be many after-work soirees to attend over the next couple of weeks. But how does one make the sartorial transition from day to night during this busy month? We asked the ladies of our Style Panel this week and they rose to the challenge.
Putting together an outfit that is office-appropriate as well as party-ready is not as hard as it seems, as showcased here by the members of our Style Panel. They each picked a simple wardrobe staple—dress, skirt, pants—and jazzed up the outfit by adding accessories to transition into the evening. Switching to a smaller bag, adding more jewelry, choosing a higher heel and even adding a red lip are all key ways that will transition an outfit from day to evening. Our newest Style Panel member Sandy Joe Karpetz of The Pretty Secrets did her to day to evening switch by adding a pop of green to her outfit with a purse from J.Crew. How festive!
Question 31: Seeing as it’s holiday season, what do you recommend for an outfit that works for the office as well as a cocktail party? Read the answers now! »
Or jump to: BARBARA ANN SOLOMON, TORONTO | CHRISTINA CRAVERO, TORONTO | DEANNE MCRAE, MISSISSAUGA | KAYLA SHORT, HALIFAX | KRYSTIN LEE, TORONTO | SANDY JOE KARPETZ, EDMONTON | STEPHANIE STERJOVSKI, TORONTO | WHITNEY COSGRAVE, LOS ANGELES
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party