Amy Nadine and Kristin Ess are the two talented ladies behind The Beauty Department, a hair and makeup blog that breaks down on-trend looks and posts them as bite-sized tutorials. Based out of Los Angeles, the site has become extremely popular thanks to its adorable graphics, practical advice and the occasional inclusion of a celebrity guest-star within the content.
Amy Nadine, who covers all things makeup for the site, and Kristin Ess, who does everything hair, started The Beauty Department when they realized that easy-to-follow hair and makeup tutorials weren’t getting published elsewhere. They turned to one of their top clients, Lauren Conrad, to help promote the site and, well, the rest is history. If you see a nail art Instagram photo or a hair tutorial on Pinterest, chances are it came from The Beauty Department. So when Amy and Kristin were in Toronto for Unilever’s Beauty and Grooming event we jumped at the chance to see what the two beauty experts keep in their bags. We found camera-shaped iPhone cases, limited-edition wallets and lots and lots of makeup—among many other interesting things. Are you ready to explore?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable