OR JUMP TO A TREND: 1990S | SEAPUNK | FESTIVAL FASHION | STRIPES | CROP TOP | METALLIC | FLORAL PRINT | SHORTS | 1960S | OFF THE SHOULDER | RUFFLES | CHECKER | PRIMARY COLOURS | PHOTO PRINT | ASIAN-INSPIRED
Get ready to peel back those layers, kids. Here comes the sun. Spring 2013 is finally upon us, and with it comes an onslaught of new fashionable desires. To prep, we’ve distilled a month long of fashion shows from New York, London, Milan and Paris and have brought you the top 15 trends you’ll need bookmarked.
From Marc Jacobs’ 1960s Edie Sedgwick infatuation to Dries Van Noten and Phillip Lim’s ode to 1990s grunge, believe us, we’ll have plenty of Spring 2013 fashion goodness to work from. Aside from the various time stamps, designers found inspiration worldwide this season: Japan (Prada, Haider Ackermann and Etro were all Asian-inspired), Italy (Proenza Schouler and Altuzarra put heels on the gladiator sandal), the US West Coast (beach prints reigned supreme at Victoria Beckham), the travelling music festival (Coachella 2013 brought to you by Tory Burch and Isabel Marant?) and even underwater (say hello to Seapunk, your newest fascination).
They travelled around the body too, revealing new erogenous zones for the fashion hungry to zoom in on: midriffs (crop tops at JW Anderson and Michael Kors!), shoulders (strapless at Chanel and Gucci!), legs (short shorts everywhere!)—they’re all hot this season.
But before you become overwhelmed by Spring 2013 fashion’s latest and greatest trends, take a bit of advice from us to you: Choose what works for you and stick to it. While the ghost of Kurt Cobain’s certainly a-callin’, you might not want to go head-to-toe plaid. Pick and choose girl, it’s your season.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue