Kayla Short, 26
Halifax | Short Presents
Investment pieces for me are almost always footwear. I have freakishly narrow feet, like probably somewhere around an annoying “A” width or something. So because my feet are so painfully narrow (and flat) I usually need to dish out quite a bit dough on footwear, and then even more on “accessories” to go in them. I often joke that I need an entire tickle trunk just to keep my foot in a shoe.
Which is why I love my Hunters, not only do they keep my feet dry as a bone in blustery weather, but I can also sneak a little orthotic in there, and no one is the wiser. I walk to work in the morning, and so these boots are a win for me especially in Halifax’s unpredictable weather. I often see people discreetly leap over puddles whereas I trudge right on through them without a care in the world. With all the things to worry about in the morning (did I leave the flat iron on again? did I take my multivitamin? where is my iPhone?) soaking wet feet is not one of them.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce