Barbara Ann Solomon, 25
Toronto | Barbara Ann’s Style Blog
I personally believe that everyone should invest in their wardrobes, at least time if you can’t money, in quality pieces that fit your body well. Everything regardless of what it is goes on sale. I’ve been in the retail game for over a decade now, and there has rarely been a product that doesn’t get reduced in price for at least a few days a year. This simply means if you’re interested in investing in high-priced items like quality denim or statement shoes, sign-up for e-blast for the stores that sell them, like them on Facebook, and follow the brand’s Twitter. These brands are reaching out to you, and handing out offers all the time.
I believe in investing in quality and memories, like everyone should have a piece of leather than makes them feel young and rebellious. Biker jackets are a big trend that will always come back, so buy a good one that fits well and allows a hoodie underneath. Buy quality jeans that fit you properly on sale, this will take some time to find the perfect combination of soft denim, fit and price. For me, as I work in a corporate fashion environment, work basics like dress shirts are super important, and luckily available everywhere right now. When your work basic becomes a fashion trend, you should spend the time to find the brands and sections that you’ll need then they aren’t so popular.
Barbara Ann’s wearing: Jacket, Danier. Leather shirt, Joe Fresh. Jeans, 7 for all Mankind. Shoes, Jeffrey Campbell. Belt, hair clip and purse, Banana Republic.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party