Sisters and design partners Chloé and Parris Gordon brought their Chloé Comme Parris label to the LG Fashion Week runway for the first time yesterday afternoon. It was a promising start for the Toronto natives, who already sell their line at two Toronto boutiques. Chloé, who designs the clothing, is a graduate of NSCAD, where Parris, in charge of jewellery, is in her last year.
The clothes were both military- and athletic-inspired–though not too obviously either one. For example, polished brass buttons running up the legs of slouchy sweats. The cutaway jackets and dresses offered a twist–an olive green utility jacket featured long panel at the back that zipped away–ditto the belts, which were found around the neck of a sleeveless blouse or hanging from the bottom of a cropped baseball jacket. All the cut-outs also offered some flashes of skin in unexpected places. A favourite came from a striped dress whose skirt was attached with metal buttons, partially undone for a peek of the hips.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue