By Gillian Pryor
As the lights dimmed on the runway for the OR by Angela Chen show, an inky abstract movie illuminated the screens and gave us a hint at the texture that was yet to come, while a slowed heavy-bass version of Bat for Lashes’ “Daniel” played heavy on the speakers. Already the mood was set. The young designer, a graduate of Parsons who has already dressed the celebrity likes of Kirsten Dunst and Chloë Sevigny, proved that she knows how to work those knitting needles. Chunky and loose knits in a strict palette of white, black and shades of purple appeared as everything from body suits to capelets to bustiers. Certainly runway-ready if not quite ready for reality, we’re keeping dibs on this collection (and the talented designer behind it).
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue