Paying homage to her French roots, Montreal’s Marie St Pierre transformed the studio at LG Fashion Week into a tea party of French delights, complete with macarons and tunes from Paul Martin and Serge Gainsbourg to show her Spring 2012 collection. The installation layout had a podium in lieu of a runway and models stood statuesque, sharing a podium with six mannequins. St Pierre’s collection of mostly dresses was relaxed but refined, with long hemlines and exaggerated folds of sheer jersey. Leather rope hung from collars and hemlines, giving sheer black dresses a cool-girl edge. Since black and white took reign in many of the looks, our eyes popped when a red trapeze dress and emerald draped frock were thrown into the mix. We’re sure St Pierre’s easy, elegant dresses (minus the gold bathing caps the models were wearing) are guaranteed to show up on ladies at many a fete this spring.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Want to show off your nail art skills? Have we got a contest for you!
- News your wallet can use: Club Monaco announces an upcoming shoe collection
- Taylor Swift vs. Demi Lovato: Who wore the minidress best at the 2013 MMVAs?
- Shay Mitchell vs. Lucy Hale: Which Pretty Little Liars star was best dressed at the 2013 MMVAs?
- Kate Middleton wears pink Alexander McQueen for her last appearance before going on maternity leave