It’s day three in Milan and we’re playing I spy from the shows to the streets.
9:00 a.m.: I spy… A ‘90s moment at Moschino. The lineup of leather perfectos embellished with giant peace signs and hearts, oversized gold hoop earrings, quilted hip packs, gold studded bags, and slick skinny trousers instantly brought three names to mind: Naomi, Christy, Linda. A ‘90s-inspired collection requires the supermodel stars of that decade.
10:45 a.m.: I spy… Paisley prints and matching jewels at Etro. Laser-cut patchworks were applied to sheer netting (think body tats without the commitment factor) while other pieces in the collection were stitched around the print creating a unique trompe l’oeil effect. Oh, and the jewels? Oversized gunmetal necklaces and earrings glittered with teardrop-shaped crystals.
11:30 a.m.: I spy… Plastic fantastic brights at Furla. Fall’s neon bright bags—a happy mix of fuchsia, yellow and orange—are the bubblegum ice cream to Furla’s classic vanilla. Delicious!
1:00 p.m.: I spy… A jungle’s worth of leopard, zebra, and metallic gold croc print. What can I say? It’s Just Cavalli.
2:50 p.m.: I spy… Bedazzled loafers and oxford shoes at Church’s. Fancy feet just took on a whole new meaning.
4:45 p.m.: I spy… Anna Dello Russo at the Armani Hotel with her latest accessory: a pup no larger than one of her extravagant headpieces. A furry statement, indeed.
8:30 p.m.: I spy… Corsets with jewel-encrusted crosses (oh so ‘80s!) at Versace. It may not say red carpet but somehow Donatella managed to cast her spell for another season.
9:30 p.m.: I spy… A Prada store, a Miu Miu store, an Yves Saint Laurent store, a Dolce & Gabbana store, a Jimmy Choo store, a Tod’s store. Walking home from the shows tonight I took in some of the city’s loveliest sights.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look