I’m a fan of any fashion show that starts off with the Velvet Underground’s “Venus in Furs.” Combo that tune-age with yet another stellar collection from one of the city’s most promising labels, and well, I think you’ve got a winner. Such was the case at Chloé Comme Parris’s fall showing yesterday, as the sister duo churned out a 1990s-meets-1890s outing of snakelike cigarette pants, elongated moto-cross jackets bedazzled with heavy silver nobs, and loosely tailored suiting. There was fur too, and it felt delicate alongside moody silk Liberty-esque prints on spaghetti dresses, pleated skirts and camisoles. Quite like a Venus in furs, wouldn’t you say?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents