On Monday night, Toronto’s Juma took over the Edward Day Gallery to present their techno-meets-jungle scarves. More cocktail party than fashion show, sunglasses-donning Queen Westers mingled with suits and bloggers, all with a Beck’s in hand. The brother-sister duo, Jamil and Alia, gave their scarves the Picasso treatment, turning the walls of the gallery into a kaleidoscopic feast for the eyes. Featuring many of the same prints used in the Fall 2012 collection, which showed last month in New York—abstract snakeskin, birds of paradise, mountaintops and, my favourite, toucans—these ferocious hits of colour will become fast friends with your black winter coat (you know the one).
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look