Calgarian fashion darling Caitlin Power showed a (literally) out-of-this-world Fall 2012 collection yesterday. Extraterrestrial models sported Rooney Mara bleached eyebrows and the most covet-worthy black lipstick we’ve seen since Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2008!
Fabrics focused on the techy-stiff with an abundance of neoprene and airy sheers. The most amazing women’s pieces were the precision-cut silk button-ups (especially a cream confection with lime green piping). Likewise with a series of sheer toppers complete with voluminous arms and band detailing. These sheers looked best when worn risqué over nothing.
This season, Power introduced her menswear collection. With simple, sleek lines, the men’s paneled jackets were total knockouts. And while we’re still on a crusade to ban the ubiquitous leather legging from any sort of runway, we really dug the looser menswear version.
Some of the menswear, however, was a touch too Star Trek for our earth-loving selves (picture a beam-me-up vest over a sheer-sleeved men’s shirt). And though the men’s button-ups were generally great, one particular lime green printed shirt had the model looking like Will Ferrell in his Night at the Roxbury days (sadly, the drop-crotch pants didn’t help).
To be sure though, everything was perfectly tailored; Power’s proving she’s got all the right tools in her belt sewing kit and the vision to match it.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot