For his fifth anniversary show Friday evening, Rad Hourani opened with a multi-screened, black-and-white video presentation set to an ambient soundtrack of chirping birdies. But before long, the runway was taken over by an army of androgynous models, hair centre-parted and slicked back, in a parade of beyond-streamlined belted coats and tight pants. The classic Rad by Rad Hourani uniform of black-on-black was given an earthy punch of mossy green; nearly every model carryied a sleek, sharp-angled leather bag. With spring barely here, I’m already getting excited for the fall, if only to wear Hourani’s futuristic take on the varsity jacket.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- What’s in your bag, Beckerman sisters?
- Sneak a peek at the Joe Fresh makeup collection for Fall 2013: 34 beauty products that won’t break your budget
- Alexander McQueen is returning to the beauty world with a new fragrance collection
- Luminato 2013: Marina Abramović, Willem Dafoe, Rufus Wainwright and a giant claw arcade game at opening night
- Dominico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana found guilty of tax evasion