For the later showing at the Ritz-Carlton last night, The ShOws brought the New York–based duo behind Ruffian, Claude Morais and Brian Wolk, to Toronto for the retelling of their Fall 2012 collection. The label’s penchant for roughed up old-timey England was front and centre this time around, as the designers showed lengthy plaid double breasters, leather-trimmed updates on the riding jacket, velvet knee-length mermaid skirts and luxe-looking ruffled collars. The stellar collection was worthy of Mary Crawley, no doubt, but it was only too bad that it didn’t get the eyeballs it deserved, as so much of the likely fatigued fashion crowd skipped what was the 10th day of shows. Here’s one vote in favour of Toronto Fashion Week being, well, a week?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce