London Fashion Week Spring 2013 Street Style: We spot metal, lucite and a one miss Hanneli Mustaparta
In our last edition of London Fashion Week street style from the Spring 2013 show season, our resident street style photographer, Stefania Yarhi, has captured the tail end of the stylish folk before heading to Milan. It wouldn’t be a day at fashion week without spotting a Balenciaga sci-fi sweater and a vintage print like the D.A.R.E. logo (how very junior high).
We love the bold prints that have been popping up but today’s photos are all about the hardware. Zippers, chain belts and straps from Chanel, the Balenciaga studs we know so well from their coveted bags, and a whole lot of gold. Despite the metallic hardware that was shining on the bags, multiple street stylers had transparent bags. Whether it was a Lucite box holding a wallet or large clutch with perforations, what’s inside of a women’s bag is no longer a secret.
The accessories make the outfit at the end of London Fashion Week and the baby pink backpack takes us back to the days when Baby Spice and Cher Horowitz reigned as queens of the 90s (we’re not complaining). The mini-backpack was not the only throwback spotted, Hanneli Mustaparta took us back in a chunky box shaped knit.
Milan Fashion Week has already started and the fashion photographs will keep rolling in. Fingers crossed that it will have some of the most bold looks yet–we’re looking at you Anna Dello Russo.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party