Milan Fashion Week Spring 2013: The top 5 collections so far (plus, why Francesco Scognamiglio is the next big thing)
FASHION contributor Zeina Esmail hits the Italian cobblestone on day one of Milan Fashion Week Spring 2013 and picks up a few up-and-comers on her way:
First Place: Francesco Scognamiglio
By far my favourite of day one (Sorry Frida), Francesco Scognamiglio’s dreamy, forward thinking collection is just more proof that this industry-loved label is going to make it to the big time. Models strutted down the runway with what looked like Swarovski 3D “flock of bird” brooches placed in unexpected yet intentional places overtop gowns and metal mesh blouses. White ruled the runway for the first half of the show, followed by powder blues and black.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents