FASHION contributor Zeina Esmail discusses five collections of day two at Milan Fashion Week Spring 2013:
I woke up yesterday realizing it was Thursday, which meant going to see the Prada show in the flesh. The experience of seeing such an influential fashion collection in person, whether good or bad, is like nothing else. Models walked the runway in punky updos and red stained lips. Shoes were a strange version of a leather ninja bootie Prada-fied by a delicate bow made of ribbon. Kimono-esque jackets paired with shorter-than-short shorts, mini dresses and structured cropped pants all had one common element: the Marimekko-esque doodle flowers.
Reaction? Undecided, as many might agree.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look