Paris Fashion Week Spring 2013: See-through trousers at Dries Van Voten, peplum hems (and a bit of Gaga) at Mugler, champagne with Eddie Borgo and more
It’s Paris. It’s raining. And the fashion cognoscenti are rethinking their footwear for Paris Fashion Week Spring 2013. Velvet slippers are out. And maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to leave the Hunter wellies at home. Here are some high and low lights from my first day in the city of light:
Champagne with Eddie Borgo
American jewellery designer Eddie Borgo rents a stunning apartment overlooking the Palais Royale to take appointments with press and buyers. It’s a brilliant move that often results in editors from competing magazines lingering on the chocolate brown sofa and sipping champagne. “They are usually numb by the time they get to Paris,” Borgo says. “I offer them a familial atmosphere.” That and great jewellery, including an enormous gold neck cuff and a new octoganal link used for chains and lattice-like balls strung like pearls.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue