Paris Fashion Week Spring 2013 Street Style: We spot Leigh Lezark, Cara Delevingne, Grace Coddington and more!
If street style photography was a round of Bingo, our photographer, Stefani Yarhi would be yelling Old MacDonald’s dog’s name at the top of her lungs.
Anna Dello Russo? Check! Balenciaga sci-fi sweater? Check! Cara Delevingne making a funny face? Check! Grace Coddington’s red hair? Check!
On day one of Paris Fashion Week, Yarhi captured it all—despite the poor weather. The theme of day one was wearing animal and we don’t mean prints. It was either leather or fur, whether it was a leather motorcycle jacket or a fluffy fur vest, the show goers showed how to layer in la pluie (rain in French because we’re in Paris, y’all).
Oversized menswear inspired coats were also spotted as a means of keeping warm, and it seems that not putting your arms in your sleeves is making a comeback (take that mom!).
Misshapes DJ come fashion It girl Leigh Lezark embraced her inner goth and sported an oversized cross and all black everything. Cara Delevingne put on a funny face in a graphic tank top and a letterman jacket and seemed to ignore the woman attempting to get a quote from her. Her facial expressions have become an unsung star of backstage photography from the Spring 2013 season.
And in national news, the fashion director for The Bay, Suzanne Timmins, was spotted in all black (another theme of day one) with her arms free from her coat in what appears to a power stroll. And Sarah Chavez, a fellow canuck, was seen sporting a robe like coat and printed sweater.
Let the Paris Fashion Week games begin!
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue