The twisted sisters behind favourite Toronto-label Chloé Comme Parris were back with a decidedly sunny disposition for Spring 2013, deep diving into California culture last night with their latest show at Toronto Fashion Week. Chloé and Parris Gordon prove their envious skills season after season (need an age refresher? They’re just 24 and 22 respectively), and this time around it was no different.
Opening with the CCP take on the three-piece suit (think neutral-on-neutral and a button-up to boot), the 23-look collection flowed from one to the next with soft shades, airy layers and floral watercolour prints. The duo’s signature double-layer effect was as well done on a navy shirtdress as it was a short pair of slit leather shorts. The piece de resistance, however, was a pale pink motorcycle jacket that featured a thin elastic strap through the back. (Maybe you’d never actually tie a motorcycle jacket up, but hey, it sure looks modern).
As for those West Coast waves? Present not only in the models’ side swept hairdos and the soundtrack (The Drums’ “Let’s go Surfing” was one of the tracks featured), California’s easy breeziness crept into the collection through overall effortlessness that is distinctive the Chloé Comme Parris woman. I’ve said these ladies were well on their way time and time again. Saying it one more time couldn’t hurt, right?
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party