Colour for spring? Pfft. Or at least, that’s what Sid Neigum’s Spring 2013 collection has convinced us. The Toronto-based Albertan showed a collection with long jersey dresses, fashion doo-rags, and majorly smoky eyes which when combined, created the ultimate cool girl look (look out Wang, Sid Neigum’s coming for you).
Neigum welcomed the reverse mullet cut to the runway—long in the front and bootyliciously short in the back—which is a necessary change from the current mullet craze out there on the mainstream market. The standout pieces of the show were the unexpected knits, ranging from a turtleneck dress to a grey oversized sweater piped with leather, the pieces were kind of a fashion reality check that made us realize knits are not only for fall.
Leaving colours off the runway has become of a bit of a trademark for Sid Neigum and this collection was no exception—blacks, whites and a light purple created a neutral palette that just worked. Sid Neigum, you just keep doing you.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Dannijo launches a stunning six-piece collection to celebrate its 5th anniversary
- Best beauty apps: From cataloguing your nail polish to keeping you safe in the sun, 5 to download now
- Max Mara names a coat after Kate Middleton
- How to wear overalls: 5 Style Panel tips for taking this nineties staple from farmer to high-fashion
- Tom Ford’s Fall 2013 Ad Campaign is out and it is fierce