Toronto Fashion Week Spring 2013: Sunny Fong channels Madonna for his latest Vawk and Vawkkin collections
On the final night of World Mastercard Fashion Week in Toronto, those that were left standing were treated to a double dose of designer Sunny Fong for Spring 2013. Vawkkin, the affordable sister line to his primary label Vawk, offered a variety of tailored LBDs and separates. The brogues added a fresh spin to the frocks. Fong has gone retro ‘80s for spring. If Madonna’s “Justify My Love” blaring from the sound system didn’t tip you off, then his strong line-up of Madge-approved looks would have. Mostly shown in graphic black and white—colours were limited to a lipstick red and a rich eggplant—his latest Vawk collection checked off all the boxes for must-have Spring 2013 trends: exaggerated shoulders, thigh high slits, plunging necklines, leather LBDs and cut-outs with sheer panels. The gold cone bra paired with trousers showcased Fong’s flair for the unexpected but overall the collection didn’t stretch the sartorial limits. Then again, a sexy little leather number by Vawk will always make the cash register sing.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents