FASHION’s March cover girl Hailee Steinfeld made a splash in a pretty pink coat, sitting directly opposite me at MaxMara yesterday. I couldn’t get near her to say hi, though, unless I wanted to risk breaking a toe. There’s no competing with paparazzi, especially the Italian variety.
Here are four key trends from Day Two of Milan Fashion Week to add to your fall hit list:
Big coats: And we mean BIG and boxy, with roomy armholes and wide sleeves. No more struggling to get your coat over your jacket.
Circle skirts: They are giving a New Look quality to fall, but look most modern when worn with a boxy top. (See Look 1 at Ports 1961.
Wacko fur: Ports 1961 had sable bonded with neoprene. Fendi did striped and geometric minks, even fur eyeglasses. And it’s all unapologetically real. Hey, I’m just telling it like it is. Please don’t shoot the messenger.
Rich casual: Velvet track pants and python sneakers at MaxMara, astrakhan hoodies and bombers at Ports 1961, ornately-patterned T-shirts and jeans at Just Cavalli.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot