Last week, Toronto’s Liberty Village played host to the fifth annual Toronto Alternative Arts & Fashion Week (a.k.a. FAT). The five-day event showcased definitely-not-average fashion lines, including
Cristina Sabaiduc’s Romandin with a fall collection crafted from plastic mesh, fabrics strips, hand-dyed fabrics and silicone caulking, Heidi Ackerman‘s avant-garde Russian constructivist-inspired pieces, and London-based Canadian Jasper Garvida‘s impeccable Art Deco collection. Photographer Angela Y. Martin hit FAT to catch some of the best off-the-runway looks.
Click the images below to see the looks.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue