By Jennifer Campbell
Long before everyone and her mother was touting green as the new black, Toronto’s Preloved was pumping out sustainable fashion from reclaimed fabrics. Their reassembled sweaters, former-trenchcoat jackets and dresses-from-khakis have been staples of a downtown girl’s wardrobe since 1995.
When last February’s Queen West blaze claimed their flagship store, the company did what they do best: reinvention. Not only do they have a gorge new location (881 Queen St. W., 416-504-8704) across from Trinity Bellwoods Park, but they’ve overhauled preloved.ca, too. On the new site, you can pore over their spring looks (our fave: high-waisted shorts with gold buttons whose former incarnation was a stuffy navy blazer) or browse their online shop, which will be ready to go this spring.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents