For some people, money talks. But for Vancouver’s Amanda He, it wasn’t enough. After leaving a career as an investment banker for her true passion, design, she launched Rocaille (rocaille-design.com), a collection of sparkly necklaces and bracelets that are perfect as holiday dress accoutrements or, of course, gifts. He named her line after the opulent, romantic rococo style that originated in 18th century Europe and the logo, two seahorses comes from the designer’s favourite piece of jewellery, a 1950s seahorse brooch she found in Portland. Rocaille’s one-of-a-kind pieces are part art deco, part modern drama, part playful and fun—and perfect for a winter fête.
Click the images below to see some of our picks»
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions