A new Banana Republic store alone might not be reason enough on it’s own to hit the mall, but when it’s a new concept store, think again. The latest opening at Metropolis at Metrotown (4700 Kingsway, Burnaby, 604-438-7900, bananarepublic.com) is a 9,000-square-foot space that features shop-in-shops for each of the different Banana departments, each opening up to a wide, central boulevard. The store has a comfortable, slightly-residential feel, designed to feel like walk-in closets that you might enter depending on what you’re dressing for: There’s a closet for Sunday brunch outfits, one for fancy dinners…you get the idea. Like we didn’t already love shopping for the company’s clothing collections and accessories—seriously, the necklaces are always to die for!—now, we love it even more.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to photograph well: Makeup tips to ensure you look as spectacular in pictures as you do in-person
- Marion Cotillard vs. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley: Who wore the little white dress best at Cannes?
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 10 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue