The night before Kate Middleton walked down the aisle in a lace-sleeved McQueen confection, Vancouver-based brand Obakki (44 Water St., 604-669-9727, obakki.com) wed church and lace (cobwebby knits and diaphanous silks too), adorning St. Andrew’s-Wesley Church with a runway to debut its Fall 2011 collection. As pieces hit the shop floor this month, snag your own lacy number, the Amelia dress ($440, shown). Wear it now with bare, bronzed legs, and with tights when the weather turns cool.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents