What makes Daphne Guinness a fashion icon? It could be the instantly recognizable platinum and black–striped hairdo, the sky-high heels, or the over-the-top collection of couture clothes and extravagant jewellery. More so, though, it’s the heiress’s fearlessness when it comes to the way she dresses. The Museum at FIT (like so many others) has taken notice and will host an exhibit of Guinness’s clothing collection starting in September. We can’t wait to check out the lineup, which is sure to include some pieces by Guinness favourite Alexander McQueen, so in honour of the occasion we bring you a Daphne-themed edition of FASHION Plates. Take a look through our picks for how to channel a bit of Daphne with every look.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- How to dress for a wedding: 13 Style Panel Tips for being the best dressed guest this summer
- Cannes 2013 red carpet beauty: The scoop on Aishwarya Rai’s hair, Marion Cotillard’s mascara and more
- Beauty Fix: Say goodbye to stretch marks, the best bronzer for darker skin tones and more answers to your beauty questions
- Cannes 2013: Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Waston, Nicole Kidman and more top our best Cannes red carpet looks
- Bouffant hair tutorial: How to add some Lana Del Rey-approved volume to your look