The British are coming! Or rather, they’re here. At this very moment, actually, Topshop and Topman are opening the doors to their first Canadian store at Yorkdale Mall. We previewed the shop-in-shop at the Bay yesterday with creative director and former British Vogue fashion director Kate Phelan in tow. As we scurried through the 15,000-square-foot space along with Phelan (lots to see/mentally shop for/freak out over, so little time), we were tickled to see that all the familiar Topshop bases were covered—from the Unique and Boutique collections (Mary Katrantzou, Pamela Love, David Koma, and more collabs coming for the holidays!), to the seizure-inducing shoe wall and makeup. “What you see here is what you’ll see in one of our main stores in [London’s] Oxford Circus,” said Phelan. “Each of the trends is broken up into different stories so that you can pick and choose what you love. Topshop is really about styling yourself and finding your personality and not having to be dictated to.” While we could easily slide a hundred or more items onto our arm for the fitting room (and we did, we really did), Phelan whittled her faves down to a cool five. Buy them now, or we will.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents