The eccentric American artist Mark Rothko changed the art world in the ’40s and ’50s with his abstract expressionist art. His signature style of rectangles in fields of colour has had a major impact on the colour-blocking trend that dominated the runways this past spring and continues to be seen everywhere for fall. With the recent Canadian premiere of Red, a Tony Award–winning play that lets us in on the life of the artist, here’s our guide on how to become a walking piece of Rothko art.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable