The word “designer” permeates Kara Chomistek’s world from head to heels. This cool 24-year-old biomedical engineer designs orthopedic equipment and her own namesake clothing line. In her spare time, she dances with a semi-professional salsa troupe, in addition to teaching cha-cha, tango and jive. She is also the co-founder and president of PARK (Promoting Artists, Redefining Kulture), a non-profit organization launched in 2008 that promotes local designers and artists through designer forums, industry mixers, and fashion and art shows. When attending evening affairs, this glam go-getter slips into spotlight-stealing labels, including Lanvin, Miu Miu, Valentino and local designer Paul Hardy. “Fashion allows me to achieve balance in my life,” she says. “It’s another medium for me to use my creativity. Similar to art, I like to wear unique or unusual pieces that can spark a conversation.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Want to show off your nail art skills? Have we got a contest for you!
- News your wallet can use: Club Monaco announces an upcoming shoe collection
- Taylor Swift vs. Demi Lovato: Who wore the minidress best at the 2013 MMVAs?
- Shay Mitchell vs. Lucy Hale: Which Pretty Little Liars star was best dressed at the 2013 MMVAs?
- Kate Middleton wears pink Alexander McQueen for her last appearance before going on maternity leave