By day, Kristin MacDonald is the operations manager at a children’s activity centre. By night, the 27-year-old exercises a love of all things fashion through her blog, Doll Parade. She doesn’t mind the balancing act—in fact, balance is a factor in her personal style, which she documents daily on the site. Her look is a mélange of modern and vintage, high and low, classic and quirky—like Breton stripes with a big, bold necklace. She started experimenting with style at four years old. “I would make dresses for my mom from my blankets, brooches and extension cords,” she says. “I never understood why she wasn’t wearing them to functions.” With that early appreciation for the unconventional, it’s no surprise that she counts the late Alexander McQueen as a favourite designer. MacDonald says social media is brightening the spotlight on fashion in Fredericton, but not everyone is accustomed to her flamboyant attire. “There are still stares at the grocery store when I’m dressed for a day out,” she admits, “but you take those things in stride.”
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party
- What to wear to a wedding: 5 street style-inspired outfits and tips for every summer occasion
- J.Crew Vancouver: Go inside the Pacific Centre’s new women’s-only location
- Jessica Chastain vs. Milla Jovovich: Who wore it best on the Cleopatra red carpet at Cannes?
- Joe Fresh Fall 2013 look book: 38 items that are just as stylish as they are covetable