You know the old adage “do good, feel good”? Well, we firmly stand behind that, though we have to admit getting a little perk for doing good never hurts. As luck would have it, Old Navy and TerraCycle Canada have just teamed up to offer the Flip-Flop Brigade, an initiative that allows consumers to send in their old flip-flops to TerraCycle and receive an exclusive coupon to Old Navy in return.
Not only does that mean you have some extra cash to burn in-store, but you’ll be saving your old sandals from wasting away in a landfill. Instead, the worn down flip-flops will get a new life as they are recycled into everything from playgrounds to bike racks. This isn’t the first time Old Navy and TerraCycle have teamed up: they started a one-month flip-flop collection run last spring starting on Earth Day, and managed to recycle almost 20,000 flip-flops.
If you’ve been holding onto beat-down pairs of Havaianas or Old Navy flip-flops for far too long now, log on to TerraCycle to sign up for the brigade. Once you have a full box of sandals, you can print off a prepaid UPS shipping label to ship off your box at no cost.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Eva Longoria vs. Rooney Mara: Who wore it best on day 3 of the Cannes Film Festival?
- Topshop has launched a music festival style collection with Kate Bosworth: See all 21 Topshop Festival items now
- Rooney Mara is the face of Calvin Klein’s newest fragrance, Downtown Calvin Klein
- Lana Del Rey’s full FASHION Magazine Cover Shoot
- Summer 2013: Table of contents