The upcoming release of Anna Karenina has generated some major buzz, particularly with the release of the film’s trailer, which showcases stunning costumes from the silver screen adaptation of Leo Tolstoy’s famed romantic tragedy. As if that weren’t amazing enough, Banana Republic has announced their upcoming Anna Karenina-inspired holiday capsule collection, which will stores and online at the end of October.
The collection—which was style by the film’s Academy Award-nominated costume designer, Jaqueline Durran—features military details, sleek leather accessories and to our delight, lots and lots of faux fur. We love the au courant burgundy that runs throughout both the men’s and women’s collections, and the heavy knits will be perfect for the cool Canadian temperatures that are sure to hit around the same time as the collection. For those of you who aren’t daring enough to wear a massive faux-fur hat, simple yet elegant cocktail dresses and classic costume jewellery will also be available for all your holiday soiree needs.
Join the discussion
Neither the author nor FASHION Magazine necessarily agrees with the comments posted here. Editors will not correct spelling or grammar. FASHION Magazine reserves the right to edit or delete comments entirely.
Brand New on Fashion
- Wedding day beauty: Whether you’re the bride or a guest, 9 tips for romantic makeup and hair
- Discounts for all! Kate Spade, J.Crew, Hudson’s Bay and more will open at Toronto Premium Outlets
- Behind the scenes at Tanya Taylor’s wedding: From her haute couture wedding gown to the tropical paradise venue
- What to wear on holiday: 41 shopping must-haves for the summer’s most stylish events
- Kate Middleton (and royal baby bump) shine in yellow Emilia Wickstead at the Queen’s garden party